I woke up this morning feeling generous.

• It turns out that most people still don't know about the CPS_lite priming tool. By now, lots of folks have seen the CPS bench model, but the press-mounted tool is still in obscurity. We were thinking about running some ad's in various places to try to get it in front of people... but nothing seems to spread like an incentive. We'd rather have people that own the tools be the ones talking about them anyway.

So, rather than lose money on ads... we'll just lose some money to our customers!

We will have a limited number of coupons available. Once this code has been used a certain number of times, it will self destruct. This is strictly on a first-come first-served basis.

Use coupon code LITESPRING during checkout and receive $100 off your CPS_Lite order. That's half price folks. If that's not incentive enough... we'll ship it anywhere in the lower 48 for free.

http://www.primalrights.com/equipment/base-cps-lite

Spread the word folks. We'll likely not have another sale like this for this tool... ever.

• Wow. That is cheaper than some hand primers...and much nicer. If you don't have a CPS...and can't afford the bench model you better buy one of these!

• Dang couldn't pass up that deal.

• Dang. I couldn't pass it up either. @orkan @brittel
    I just placed my order, but know I need sales tax added on. So go ahead and add that.

• Way to good of an offer to pass up! This has been on my want list since it came out. Looking forward to trying this bad boy out. I need to load a few hundred .223 rounds and this will work great.

Just curious, will this work on a progressive?

• There is probably not room on top of a progressive for this unless it is an empty toolhead.

If you don't already have a press for it...I used it with this lee press and it worked great. Just look for a used one and leave the CPS lite on it. I think I gave $20 or $25 used for my press.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/807734/lee-reloader-single-stage-press

• @dddoo7 I have my single stage, just was thinking about being able to run it on the progressive. But I just realized that the shell plate is going to rotate the ram rod out of position.

• I have several progressive presses and they have their purpose...but I can't imagine wanting to run a CPS on a progressive. The CPS is for precision priming...and progressive presses are anything but precision. If you use the CPS on the progressive press...then the press is not going to work as a progressive because the CPS will take up a hole in the toolhead that needs a die in it in order to work progressively.

The CPS lite will really work best on a single stage press.

• Will it work with a Coax?

• @hypo

no it won't. There is not enough clearance on the top end.

You will really appreciate having a press dedicated to priming. I would just buy a cheap lee and leave the cps on it.

• I was going to order bullets tomorrow. Loading up for the drive tonight right now. I have a lot of 223 to prep and prime now.

• Can I order over the phone? Driving and typing is not very wise?

Got it done online.
    Whew.
    Had to be at work and out the gate by 22:00.

Pulled over 20 miles down the road.
    Really small print on my phone.

Thanks Greg.

• @orkan said:

LITESPRING

Just ordered mine. Thanx for the generosity Greg.

• Next question, what works best to load the primer tubes?

I need another inexpensive press.
    Lee shell holder kit plus a #16 for the 7.62X54R will be about $20

Primer flip tray and some extra tubes?

Anything else I am missing?

• I just use the 2 (1L+1S) tubes as they hold 100 each.
    A flip tray and play PacMan with the primers and the tube.
    My arthritic paws love my CPS_LITE ....:laughing:

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

• I bought the lee shell holder kit initially and still use it for random calibers. For calibers that you will be loading lots of the Sinclair are much nicer. They are finished better and smoother for getting the brass in and out quickly.

I load the primer tubes from a flip tray and it works well. I have modified my CPS to work with Dillon primer tubes so I don't have to run two different types of primer tubes and it works well. I don't see a need for more than one tube of each size unless
    You just want to load up several hundred and keep them ready to use.

• Looks like I'm going to have to buy some Lee shell holders for this unit, but the some of the charts I've been referencing are lacking several cartridges I hand load for. Can somebody tell me the shell holder # for 338 lapua magnum brass, Lapua brand? One source online was trying to suggest Lapua made 338LM was slightly different shell holder # than other mfgs? Also the # on 7mm LRM?
    Orkan, I presume you know both?

• I use a Lee #8 for 338 and a sinclair #5 for 7LRM.

• Showed up today.

euBHYo4.jpg

I'll get to use it soon maybe, depending on when work allows it.

• I will try to find a 223 and 30-06308270 shell holder locally on the way home Friday morning. UPS gets to me after lunch time I live so far off the normal route. I have a fresh box of 1000 CCI #41 and 1000 #32 . I have a 250 box of Nosler 155 grain CC to share between the Garand and the Swiss rifles. 100 VMax 110's for the 270.
    Still need to slug the Mosin to know exactly what to order for it.
    3105 Hornaday or Lapua, 311 or 312 Sierra or Hornaday.
    I was going to get the micrometer but had to take advantage of the deal on the CPS Lite first.

Mitotoyo mike, caliper next then a better trimmer than the Lyman drill tools.

Slowly acquiring the good stuff is more satisfying than cheap junk now for immediate gratification and eventual disappointment.

• Mines scheduled for delivery on Monday. I gotta find shell holders too. Hoping Cabelas has em, if not I'll be ordering them from Aamzon or Midway.

• I'm telling ya. Sinclair is the way to go with shell holders you will be using a lot. Get em from brownells.

• I still have about half of that cleaned brass you sent me all resized and trimmed chamfered reamed ready to reload.

I may resize the bag I cleaned last weekend Friday before I take my afternoon nap. Wake up at 8 PM to be at work by 9:30 PM.
    Friday night is a half way to Tampa meet, swap trailers with the Tampa driver and get home by 9 AM.
    Monday night and Wednesday night it is all the way to Tampa and sleep while they use the truck for city pickup and delivery during the day.

It was hot in Tampa today and the seat smells like sweaty behind.

I'll be leaving some Fabreeze in the truck as a hint next week.

• UPS should have it here today.
    Shopping for an inexpensive single stage
    Lee Classic cast?
    RCBS Partner?

Are the Lee Trimmer dies and trimmer any good?
    It chamfers and trims.

UPS woke me up when the dogs started barking.
    Woo hooo.
    This product is amazing.
    Machine work and anodizing are perfect.

Should have bough it months ago.
    It only wets my desire for the bench mount CPS..

In time.

Thanks again Greg.
    It was nice to talk to you.
    I just can't say enough good things about the advice you have dropped on me over the last couple of years.

Some items are out of my budget right now but every purchase I have made that you recommend such as the Coax, especially the Coax, have been investments that are enjoyed rather than expenses that are tolerated.

I am as giddy as a kid at Christmas.

Going to be difficult to get back to sleep.

• @dddoo7 said:

I'm telling ya. Sinclair is the way to go with shell holders you will be using a lot. Get em from brownells.

That's right only Brownells has the Sinclair ones. Thanks, I'll order some tonight.

Can you confirm that the .308 shell holder is the same one for 45 ACP?

• @hypo said:

Thanks again Greg.
    It was nice to talk to you.
    I just can't say enough good things about the advice you have dropped on me over the last couple of years.

Great talking with you as well. Happy to help where I can! :)

• @norcal_in_az

99% sure that is correct. I don't precision load for 45acp so haven't had them through the CPS...but on my other presses it is the same shellplate.

• Finally got mine setup and loaded 10 rounds of 7 LRM.
    This thing is frikken sweet!

• I am having issues here..I'm trying to make sure I get the correct shellholders. I'm thinking the same one used for .308 is also used for 6.5x47. Can anyone confirm? https://www.midwayusa.com/product/474897/lee-auto-prime-hand-priming-tool-shellholder-2-308-winchester-30-06-springfield-45-acp

Anyone can get angry — that is easy — or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy.

Aristotle

• Got mine today. Going to setup and try it out later this week.

• @oilfieldjosh said:

I am having issues here..I'm trying to make sure I get the correct shellholders. I'm thinking the same one used for .308 is also used for 6.5x47. Can anyone confirm? https://www.midwayusa.com/product/474897/lee-auto-prime-hand-priming-tool-shellholder-2-308-winchester-30-06-springfield-45-acp

Correct. 6.5x47 is the same bolt face as 308.

• Perfect. I have everything lined up for the father In-law and myself. BTW, I appreciate the deals and I look forward to doing business with y'all again!

Anyone can get angry — that is easy — or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy.

Aristotle

• Happy to be of service. :)

I do what I can when I can. If ever I can help or you think I might be able to help, don't hesitate to ask.

• Got it setup and played with it a bit this morning. Man this is going to make priming so much less of a pain, accutally, it will make it painless!

Quick video I made...going to get this batch of brass ready so I can use the CPS!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/norcalfocus/34026333710/in/dateposted-public/

• administrators

@norcal_in_az
    The video is not working for me it shows up as just a picture.

• @irish fixed the link

• Wonder if it would be worth it to get one of these.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/225116/hornady-universal-extended-shellholder

• You don't need much force to seat a primer, so you could have the stroke start in anywhere it's comfortable for you.

One of our customers blocked the lever up on his press so when he releases the handle the ram on the press is just a bit away from making contact with the CPS_lite ram. He was able to speed up quite a bit that way.

• Hmm, Schedule 80 gray PVC nipple trimmed to length with a coupling on the other end reamed out to fit over the ram or the extended shell holder.

This is where a hobby lathe would be perfect to make it out of Delrin rod stock.

• I have an old style die lock nut on the shaft of the press.

2FD624B9-265C-4946-853F-D22AD6248341_zpse4xjgdni.jpg

• @rhyno said:

Wonder if it would be worth it to get one of these.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/225116/hornady-universal-extended-shellholder

Saw its 1 1/8" long. That's a lot of stroke taken out.

• I moved the handle so that there is only about a 35-40 degree arc.
    BnpGAyt.jpg
    RZ3YwYM.jpg

• Inventive solutions fellas. Excellent indeed.

• @mamalukino great idea! I just moved the handle 90* and made it to where I have about a 6" throw on the handle now. The only issue I'll have is I'll have to change the position of the handle from priming to other operations.

Maybe time for a dedicated press for the CPS.

• I was using that press for decapping only, now it gets to prime and decap.

• That is exactly the reason I bought this Lee, the repositional handle.
    That was the part that was broken right out of the box.

• @hypo That is a bummer, this is the challenger about 9-10 years old and the linkage is all steel.

• It is the part that has the square notches in it. Bad Metal. Half the circumference broke off. Box was still sealed up with tape and the copper staples. UPS roughed up the Coax so bad it was hanging out of the box and the guy left the loose parts bag next to it on the porch. Lost the Resizing die though. Shipper replaced it free.
    Coax worked perfectly despite being molested by Brown.
    I have the receipt in the car and the press to return in about 8 hours. Just left Tampa... 3 hours late.
    Grrr.

• Found a $100 Anschutz hand stop when I mowed the lawn last week too.
    Fed Ex Chucked that one out the window as a drive by.
    They replaced it.
    Creedmoor made sure Fed Ex Paid for it.
    So now I have a spare.
    It was for the Air Rifle that step neice got for Christmas.
    Claims really tick me off.
    Been in trucking and shipping for 28 years now.
    Back on Topic.

• Exchanged the Challenger for another one at a Store across town. The ability to reposition the handle is nice. Will also prevent too much leverage hopefully.

• Since I've never used a primer feed tube before, is there a special reason why I shouldn't put more then 10 primers at a time in the tube? I'm thinking its more of a safety issue in case you do blow one up.